A LITTLE ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
In 1967, Frank began as a professional actor-producer in Melbourne with the theatre group, Company One. He wrote and produced comedy revue and plays at the La
Mama and Arts theatres in Melbourne, then, from 1971 to 1988, in several venues in London and Amsterdam.
For his acting resumé, see www.snak-themovie.com/frank.html , the web site for Mark Savage's new film, "Sensitive New Age Killer"<www.snak-themovie.com
In the mid 1980s, Frank developed a taste for journalism and has since contributed to international publications like:
- The Economist, Films and Filming & Screen International (UK)
- Liberation (Paris)
- The Canberra Times, The Daily Telegraph, Good Weekend, Herald-Sun, The Age and numerous other publications in Australia
- The Hong Kong Standard, South China Morning Post, Asian Wall Street Journal and other publications in Hong Kong
- The Wall Street Journal - Europe
- a diversity of others
Books - Current:
- Don: – as sole author (2 books).
- Hong Kong Cinema – a Cross Cultural View: a history of HK cinema, as co-authored with Law Kar (for Scarecrow Press, US).
Books - Published:
- World Cinema: POLAND (Flicks Books, UK, 1990): a history of films in Poland from 1895, as sole author.
- From Artform to Platform – Hong Kong Plays and Performances 1900-1941 (IATC, HK, 1999): a history of HK's Chinese and colonial theatres before the Pacific War (1941-45), co-authored with Law Kar.